Saturday, September 05, 2009

Kestrel on the Hill and the Crazy Quilt by 2012 Challenge

I love my back patio. It is really special in the morning when it is shaded. I like to sit out there and drink my morning coffee and watch the birds. This morning I took a book by Michael Connelly called The Brass Verdict. It is the follow up book to The Lincoln Lawyer that I thought was great. It is starting off really good so I have high hopes for it.

This morning, there was also a Kestrel hanging out looking for a meal, so I took a couple of pictures of him in a dead tree on the hill.



They are those birds that you see hovering in the air by the roadside looking for prey. I love my hill view!


On a Crazy Quilt email list that I belong to, we have put out a challenge to get a major Crazy Quilt done by 2012.

I love this antique CQ and have wanted to do my take on it for years. I started it once before but decided I didn't like what I had done. There is a previous post about it on my blog here. I think the fan blades are too wide. They need to be narrower like the original, plus, I don't like the colors of my first attempt.

Allie of Allie's in Stitches is doing a take on an antique CQ and has inspired me to start mine again. I have started planning it out on a muslin foundation.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I love this CQ. This is a great choice for you to reproduce and from what I've seen of your work, it will be gorgeous!

allie aller said...

Thanks for your kind words, Kerri.

I LOVE this quilt!!!!

You know, I made all those blocks to go around the center section of my Vintage CQ with all the flowers in the wheel blocks...remember?
Now I don't want to use them!
But heck, what is 3 weeks' work in the long run? I'm going to have to start over, too.... ;-)