A couple of years ago I started a CQ based upon an Antique CQ that I saw on EBay. This is it. I had hand dyed some silk dupioni in several colors and also some cotton. I used the antique CQ as inspiration to start the construction of a crazy quilt. I Love this quilt! It is so very graphic!
Anyway, I decided to try a Crazy Quilt based upon it. I had put it away for a few years but after watching Allie and her reproduction CQ, I found it and put it on my design wall. This is what I had done. Not much. It is all my hand dyed fabric and the fans are much wider than the original antique CQ. It is probably 2 1/2' wide by 3' tall. The strips are quite wide. I am going to put fans in the corners and Black silk in the center and on the edges of the fans and in the corners of the fans. I tried to dye black silk but it didn't come out black so I will probably have to buy commercial fabric for that part. I am not sure if I will continue with the outside piecing or not. I think I will look at it for a while and see what it says to me. I think that it will need layered stitches on each side of each fan.