Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back Yard Landscaping

As part of buying our house, the HOA required that we had to landscape the backyard within eight months of moving in. We have had a company working on it all week and they will be back next week to finish up. It will be really nice to have it done. I am so tired of all the dust that comes in the house every time we walk in and out of the back door!

This is a view to the right. Where the table is will be a nice big patio. Grass will be next to it on the other side. A little enclosure will be around the air conditioning units to hide them. We are thinking of planting a Dwarf Date Palm or 2 at the bottom of the hill in the corner by the fence.

This is a view to the left. Grass will be over there on the other side. We are thinking of planting a Queen Palm and/or a Sago Palm or 2 in the corner by the wall.

This is the larger side yard. I think it kind of looks like a stream bed going down the center. The soil on the left will be my vegetable and herb garden. I have tomatoes all ready to plant. The center area will have decomposing granite in it. It will supposedly be about the same color as the wall.
We may put another patio in here at a later date. Maybe a hot tub with a pergola? That will be a long way down the road.

I can't wait for it to be done so we can set our bird feeders back up and sit outside and watch them. It will be a place of peace and serenity. I can't wait! Did I say that already?


2 comments:

FredaB said...

Hi Kerri

I bet you will be happy to have the landscaping done and then you will be able to enjoy your yard.

I do have one suggestion for you. In Florida we had a beautiful sago palm and there is a disease that is attacking them and they are saying not to replace them. They haven't been able to come up with one that is resistant to whatever is killing them. We had to have a beatiful one removed from our front and I bet half our street has had them removed.

Now this is in our Florida home so I think you are in Calif. and maybe there this is not a problem but it might be wise just to ask your landscaper if there is a problem in your area.

I was told that soon there will be none left in Florida.

Kerri I really enjoy your blog and am glad you have decided to come back to it and thanks for all the cq you have referred us to over the years.

Hugs

FredaB

Sandie said...

Fabric patch has change since I lived there. Gone to sewing machine. Love your quilt blocks. Plant mini fruit trees. You could also put in very large pots with palms and be sure to add drip system for water. Otherwise it will take away from your sewing time. Tomatoes can be planted against the house and will last all year. Peppers too. I lived in Upland. Enjoy your home.