Monday, June 08, 2009

More "Sarsaparilla" CQ Stitches

Here are some more of the seam stitches from my "Sarsaparilla" Crazy Quilt. On the left I have some tulips.

A lot of the stitches were taken from antique CQ's. The wheat sheaves on the upper right are a traditional motif seen on many old quilts. I have an old wool CQ that has this on it several times.




More wheat in the corner. A heart with an arrow through it on the right.


Of course, I have 3 cats so I had to put them in it. I have 2 male black cats and a 16 year old female calico. She rules the house.


More stitches from antique CQ's. Over the years, Ebay has been a wealth of ideas for stitches.





I will post some more stitches from this quilt. Please check back.

9 comments:

Francy said...

Your blocks are lovely.

Will we get to see the whole quilt?

Rengin Yazitas said...

Your stitches are so beautiful, very insprational. As being a cat lover I loved your stitches with cat figure:))
Rengin, in Istanbul

Rengin Yazitas said...

Your stitches are so beautiful, very insprational. As being a cat lover I loved your stitches with cat figure:))
Rengin, in Istanbul

Kerri Murphy said...

Francy,

Thanks!

If you go back to the post on May 27, there is a picture of the whole quilt.

Kerri

piney cq said...

These are wonderful, Kerry! Thank you for sharing them with us! Do you use templates or waste canvas to get your stitches so awesomely perfect?

NickiLee said...

I have just spent the past half hour looking at all your beautiful work - thank you for sharing your talents. I am going to add you to my favorites list so I can come back to to be inspired.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Hi Kerri, I came here by way of the C&T blog. This is a gorgeous quilt - thank you for sharing the detail shots. I am very new to crazy quilt and am working on my first one - well I have two WIPS going at once. When you add your embroidery, do you worry about directions? I want to make an African quilt - with huts and lions, etc., and am wondering if I need to figure out what direction the blocks will be so I can make sure the designs are all facing the right way? Will it look weird to have a wall quilt with upside down figures?

Kerri Murphy said...

Shasta,

I have so many WIPS and UFOs. More than 2!!

Thanks for coming by my blog. I am actively trying to recruit to Crazy Quilting although I love Sane Quilting too.

I do watch which direction my embroidery goes. I don't put it exactly straight up and down. I like to tilt it different directions. I used to not worry about if they were upside down but it helps the eye travel around the quilt better when they are upright.

Kerri

Terri Lee Takacs said...

Hi Kerri,This is really beautiful. I have been so wanting to do a piece just with stitches from that book ~ now I'm completely inspired!
Thanks for sharing ~
Terri