Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Favorite Antique CQ's

I regularly search on Ebay for antique CQ's and send the links to a few Internet Crazy Quilt mail lists that I belong to. Over the years, I have saved many photos of my favorites. I thought that I would post some of them for your enjoyment!

This fan quilt is one that I would like to do myself. I have started it several times but each time, I have been unhappy with my pattern and fabric selection. I will hopefully do it one day. Isn't it fabulous?

This is the inspiration for my 2012 CQ that I am currently working on. It really doesn't look much like mine except that it is on point and my border is designed like this. I also am thinking of doing my initials in the middle.

I do love the simplicity and graphic look of this CQ.
This, on the other hand, is not simple but I love the graphic nature of it.

The stitching is quite primitive but the design of the quilt makes up for it.

Isn't this amazing. It was on Ebay very recently. I never did see if it sold. I could see it selling for several thousand dollars. I don't know if it did.

Wow!
I will post more of my favorite CQ's later. Now I am off to my sewing room. I just got re-inspired!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Thank you! I love looking at the old quilts and you are always so ready to hunt them down. They're great!

allie aller said...

These are absolutely amazing, Kerri. Thanks so much for posting them!