Saturday, August 07, 2010

2006 Round Robin Quilt Done!

I finally got my Round Robin done that the "Just a Little Crazy Stitcher's Club" did back in 2006. Moving to California got in the way of finishing it. I wanted to get it finished so that it could go into the Nitetime Needlers Quilt show in September.


The group is going to have a fairly large display of CQ's in the show so if you are in the area, go by and check it out. The dates are Sept. 17, 18, 2010. Their opportunity quilt is also a Crazy Quilt. Here is a picture.


This is me on the patio, stitching the binding on the quilt. I love my back patio. It is so quiet. Our old house in Parkville, MO was next to a highway and was not peaceful. It's funny how you can get used to anything. The quiet seemed so loud when we moved here! LOL





Here is the finished quilt. It is titled "My Fair Ladies" and is a tribute to the friends that stitched it. It hangs in my stairwell to the upstairs. This is becoming my CQ gallery.


This is my block. When I put the packets together for the blocks, I included a silk lady, 2 fabrics, and a hanky. Everyone was required to cut the hanky into fourths and use it in the block. They also had to use the 2 fabrics and add at least 2 more. I asked that they use the colors in the silk for the color theme of the blocks.


This is Victoria's block.


Janell's block.


Marci's block.


Pam's block.


Patty's block.


Susan's block.


Anne's block.


Cindy's block.


Debra's block.


Grace's block.


Gwen's block.



The Club is getting ready to start another Round Robin. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. If you are interested in seeing past blocks from our Round Robins you can see them here.



No comments: